Panoramic radiography is an extra-oral radiographic procedure that produce a single image of the facial structures, including the maxillary and mandibular arches and their supporting structures.
Purpose & Use:
- Evaluate impacted tooth.
- Evaluate eruption pattern.
- Detect diseases, lesions, and conditions of the jaw.
- Examine the extent of large lesions
- Evaluate trauma.
- Examination of the TMJ
- Inability to tolerate intraoral films
- Assessment for surgical procedures
- Demonstrate carotid artery calcifications.